Monday, April 5, 2010

Sox win the first, pictures from Haiti, and an Earthquake.

My friend Captain Tom of Saipan US Bonneyman fame, recently returned from a gig on a ship which supported the relief effort in Haiti. Two and a half months anchored a couple miles off, while the supplies and equipment went ashore. No email, no cell phone, and no beer. He sent me some pictures, which I'm hoping I can post. Mainly because these pics were taken by people I trust, as opposed to newspeople and that says a lot about my state of mind. In other news, survived my most serious earth tremor to date. Too bad, I thought the wind had picked up beyond all rational explanation. And did I mention the Red Sox beat the wretched new york yankees in the season opener. Had some drama back home in Maine, but that is a post in itself.

9 comments:

Deece said...

I am very thankful that James is not required to travel for long stints. He's been on a few trips, but it's always been about a week long. April is spring, is it not? I'm from Saipan, I really have no concept of seasons. When do the lad and the missus arrive?

I just finished reading in the paper about the Mexicali earthquake that was felt throughout So Cal. I'm glad you're all right. I hope things settle back in Maine. I know nothing of the area, but my cousin and his family lived in, I believe it was, Portland for about eight years. Is that anywhere near your hometown?

bigsoxfan said...

Hi Deece, Thanks for the good word. I too hope the patron saint of travelers watches over James. The quake was a roller here. The effects were noticed, but not so sharp as to be dangerous. To my shame, I thought it was the wind.
I grew up an hour north of Portland, but lived in the city for ten years. Not a bad place, back in the day. Nothing is as it was anymore, but Portland is still fun and just a bit different.
Looking for Erdene and Amara aka. the pumpkin to arrive during the summer. That would be June through August in the states. In Maine, it is a two-week window during mid july to early august. Usually, we wait for Indian summer in September or October, then the biting flies aren't around.

楊偉誠 said...

thx u very much, i learn a lot

彭昱宏 said...

Variety is the very spice of life.......................................................

SydneyJ22985 said...

^^ 謝謝你的分享,祝你生活永遠多彩多姿!........................................

ParisH said...

how do u do?

國昆 said...

卡爾.桑得柏:「除非先有夢,否則一切皆不成。」共勉! ....................................................

何奎安木姍 said...

感謝分享--每天都要快樂喔................................

佳瑩 said...

A stitch in time saves nine. ....................................................