Sunday, March 25, 2012

Travis said I have to update this


Well here goes. Erdene and the lad have been with me since November of 2011. We are living in Coronado for as long as we can afford it. I've never been happier. More to come particular attention to be paid to Erdene and Amara' adjustment and reflections on life here in the land of the big PX.


Somehow I'm going to try and sum up a tribute to Captain Carroll LeFon USN Ret he lived and died in the service of his country. A warrior, aviator and poet who never quit, a truly gifted writer, father of three and inspiration to so many. His funeral service will occur Tuesday 27 March 1300 PST at Rosencrans National Cemetery here in San Diego (Sandy Eggo, as he was want to refer to this city by the ocean). I recall a line by a historical fiction writer that I enjoyed once upon a time; Edison Marshall I think. "I would not have you know my parents; Rueben and Rebecca should you come to know them as I did". Captain LeFon; you should know, if for no other reason than to enjoy his prose and even minded politics.

As of Saturday evening 1,639 comments on the post which commemorates his passing. He could have done worse, but damn it not now.

No comments: